Holiday Risks: Are You Prepared?
The end of the year is a time for fun and festive holiday celebrations – often a time for bringing individuals together from all over to your organization for different events, parties, and activities. While your organization’s existing monitoring plans are likely effective for everyday activities, your typical day-to-day procedures might not be sufficient to ensure the safety of the youth/consumers in your programs during this high-traffic time of year.
Here are a few suggestions to keep in mind as you plan an event at your facility:
- Remind employees and volunteers of your program’s monitoring plans and revise plans where necessary based on new activities.
- Block off all unused locations so that there are no areas where program participants can find privacy with one another or where one adult could find privacy with a program participant.
- Identify the “hot spots” within your facility where supervision is difficult.
- Designate specific employees to walk through “hot spots” while events are taking place to watch for any high-risk or unusual activity.
- Do not allow unmonitored access into the building through the back or side doors. Have a formalized procedure for checking visitors in and out of your facility.
Create Your Own Monitoring Plan
Praesidium has created a four-step guide to creating your own monitoring plan. Click below to download. If you have any questions on where to start or if you are not sure if you are missing something, let us know! Click here to view the guide.